September 17, 2014

Passion in testing

I've thought a lot about passion and passion in testing lately. I was asked to speak to the september meeting of KWSQA about creating passionate testers. I've found this model for thinking about the training, mentoring and long term careers of testers as a refreshing thought pattern. Passion has some excellent imagery that can relate to careers and to testing.

And so a question for you all.... Think about the things that you are passionate about. Have they changed over the years? Was is sudden? Or a slow change?  Were you able to reignite the passion at a later time?

I'm looking forward to talking to many of you about this topic over the next few weeks and months, and I'll let you know how the presentation goes once I'm done.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, passions can change over time as understanding changes. Sometimes it grows slowly, and sometimes there are dramatic inflection points. When I first saw article on X (whatever X is) I might have a strong reaction that forces me to focus greatly on those ideas.

    ReplyDelete